Supporting the communities where we work
We believe that companies have a responsibility to support the communities that they work in.
To enhance the company's commitment to give back to local people, the Mace Foundation was launched in 2012. Each year we give 1% of our pre-tax profits to our communities.
Since its formation, the charity has been driving forward our ambition to make a real and sustainable difference to the lives of people – generating opportunities for us to support disadvantaged individuals and enhance communities.
Who we support
The very nature of the construction industry means that investing in the future is something that we are passionate about.
We have supported hundreds of causes since 2012 and have worked with several charities to support the next generation to improve their lives.
Charity of the Year
In 2016, the Foundation launched a 'Charity of the Year' programme, giving Mace employees the opportunity to vote for a worthy cause that means the most to them. As a result, this year, we are supporting the national mental health charity, Mind.
After making an initial donation of £25,000 we raised £10,000 through a social media campaign (#happymonday), a further £6,000 through a 'retail challenge' and will be running a number of volunteering and fundraising events for our people to get involved in. In total, we expect to raise £50,000 for Mind in 2016.
How we support
- Donating: The Foundation has donated nearly £1.6m to over 200 charities and worthy causes since it was set up.
- Match funding: Our employees can apply for the Foundation to match the money they have raised for a charity of their choice. In 2015 the Foundation donated £125,000 through match funding.
- Events: We support a number of events organised by our six strategic partners each year. We also host an annual Burns Night that raises significant funds for many charities; this year we raised £94,000.
Our people are instrumental in carrying out the charity’s mission of 'giving back'. We actively encourage them to support the Foundation through:
- Volunteering: Our people are encouraged to dedicate one day each year to carry out volunteering activities of their choice or support one of our strategic partners. In 2015, 9,375 hours were spent volunteering by dedicated Mace people.
- Payroll Giving: All our employees are encouraged to regularly donate to a charity through their salary and they give generously to worthy causes each month.
Mace Foundation annual reportsAnnual report 2016 8.6MB PDF
Jo DrummondMace Foundation Senior Fundraising, Engagement and Communications ManagerEmail
“It's a great pleasure to work with the Foundation to support some great causes and to draw on the enthusiasm and expertise of our Mace colleagues to make meaningful and often transformational impacts on communities and people.”
Our current strategic partners include:Please select...
In 2015, the Foundation helped LandAid award £1.2m in grants.
LandAid is the property industry charity working to end youth homelessness in the UK. It tackles the root causes of youth homelessness, protects young people on the streets, provides accommodation and support for those who have been homeless and gives a platform to young people to have their voices heard.
The Mace Foundation receives a high number of unsolicited requests for funding. Unfortunately we are unable to consider them or respond to them.
Mace Foundation - UK registered charity number: 1150134
“Mace is, by far, one of the most exuberant and positive companies I’ve ever come across. Absolutely everyone, from the Board to the graduates and even Mace’s clients are just wonderful. Either they recruit really lovely people or they put them through the lovely mill in their first few weeks.”
“Working with the Mace Foundation gives us the opportunity to work with energetic people who we wouldn’t usually come into contact with. There are potentially thousands of people who are now aware of our work who may never have heard of us before.”