Senior Project Manager - Education
Ref: JC 10654
Location: London, UK
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa & India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety First, Client Focus, Create Opportunity, Integrity. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Be a part of our Project Management Consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Working within our Education sector helping our Clients, who are top UK Universities, upgrade their estates.
Senior Project Manager – Education or Higher Education
- Lead project teams to safely deliver, on time, to stated quality, at minimum cost and to client satisfaction. Act as the link between the client and other key stakeholders, working on projects within the education sector.
- Project Manage or Programme Manage projects within the HE (and possibly FE) sectors.
- Undertake and deliver 1 large project; 2 or 3 medium sized projects; or a combination of the above and most likely as the lead PM with support from junior PM’s.
- Non project related roles will be business reporting, bidding, resourcing etc as directed by the Sector Lead.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Experience of Higher Education clients an absolute must.
- Experience of delivering student accommodation a big plus, although not essential.
- Delivery of complex HE projects up to circa £25m construction value. New-build and refurbishment experience a must.
- Detailed knowledge / appreciation of asbestos awareness a must.
- Good commercial awareness and good with internal business reporting.
- Experience of bidding a plus.
- Experience of line-management (2-3 people minimum) a plus.
- CV’s with Further Education (FE) experience [along with HE experience] would be a plus.
- Solid experience of Contract Administration and using various forms of contract essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, good team player, etc.
- Degree Qualifications is preferred but not essential.
- Membership of RCIS, CIOB, APM or equivalent relevant professional institution desirable
Mace is an equal opportunities employer.
Careers+44 (0) 203 522 3030Email