Project Manager - Health Sector
Ref: CC 17862
Location: Manchester, UK
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa & India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety First, Client Focus, Create Opportunity, Integrity. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Be a part of our Project Management Consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Project Manager – Health Sector
Manage the project team to safely deliver, on time, to stated quality, at minimum cost and to client satisfaction. Act as the link between the client and other key stakeholders.
- Oversee production of tender schedules and contribute to procurement of trade contractors.
- Prepare detailed project plan.
- Establish key relationships with the client and other key stakeholders.
- Set up regular and clear lines of communication to address issues, which may arise.
- Set up and chair regular site progress meetings and report on weekly project and commercial progress.
- Ensure project/programme is kept up to date.
- Agree key responsibilities and manage and develop the team to ensure objectives are met and staff are supported and motivated. Assess resources available on a regular basis and bring in additional support/specialist expertise where necessary.
- Establish and monitor appropriate project operating procedures and systems, specifically ensuring management plan is being followed and adhered to.
- Take responsibility for ensuring safe project working practices are adhered to for all site personnel.
- Manage, monitor and co-ordinate all key aspects of the project, including but not limited to, cost, value, risk, logistics, neighbour relations, safety, quality, M&E, design and environment.
- Ensure close out and practical completion schedules are completed and issued.
- Represent the company in a presentable and professional manner
- Ensure Mace Management System is followed at all times
- Provide financial reports on time (forecasts, budgets, income, fees etc.)
- Ensure invoices and timesheets are submitted on time
- Any other duties required by the Project Director
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Previous experience of working in a similar role.
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of public sector projects and programmes (e.g. in regeneration, housing, education, frameworks etc.)
- Successful track record of managing clients, contractors and other stakeholders.
- Experience of managing and motivating a team
- Sound knowledge of UK and EU legal framework, including Health and Safety regulations, contract law, environment and building regulations.
- Experience of managing budgets and forecasting expenditure.
- Excellent knowledge of key project processes such as design principals and management, construction processes, procurement and tendering.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Effective communicator, with excellent influencing and negotiating skills.
- Able to build and maintain key client relationships.
- Able to work in a pressurised environment
- Results and quality focused individual.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, using a flexible pragmatic approach.
- Enthusiastic and able to inspire others.
- Ability to adapt to and manage change.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry best practice
- Degree Qualifications is preferred but not essential.
- Professional Memberships are an advantage but not essential.
Mace is an equal opportunities employer.
Careers+44 (0) 203 522 3030Email