Ref: BG 18028
Location: London, UK
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa & India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety First, Client Focus, Create Opportunity, Integrity. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Be a part of our Consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee major events & infrastructure programmes of work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
To support the Legal and Insurance team, jointly with the other Paralegals. In particular, to assist with the continuous development of the legal contracts database, keep the database up to date and file and retrieve as necessary all legal correspondence and contracts
The post-holder will also be required to take control of the contracts signing process under supervision of a solicitor. The position will also entail legal research and providing the Company Secretary with support. The post-holder will be an experienced administrator with a legal degree or graduate diploma of law (GDL), who has passed the legal practice course (LPC). They will also work well within a team and have excellent attention to detail.
- Use data entry skills to record all executed legal documents on the internal contracts database which uses the SharePoint platform, in accordance with the standardised legal document logging form. Chase the relevant commercial team for any outstanding items and code all paperwork accurately.
- Manage the SharePoint database system effectively and efficiently.
- Archive any obsolete project information and manage the prompt retrieval of archived information where required.
- Take an active role in the development of the SharePoint database, raising any ideas/potential issues with management.
- Be a ‘super-user’ of SharePoint in order to train other members of the team in the use of the system.
- Coordinating pick-up/delivery of documents with external archive and scanning provider.
- Organise the prompt execution of legal contracts after they have been checked by a solicitor, and manage the execution process with solicitor supervision.
- Organise and maintain hard copy project files to ensure they are up to date and ensure related correspondence is accurately filed.
- As instructed, review legal documentation for accurate wording making any necessary amendments as required.
- Ensure all documents comply with standard in-house templates and styles.
- Perform legal research for the solicitors on a range of matters as required.
- Along with the team Legal PA, provide administrative support to the legal team.
- Maintaining an Excel spread sheet of all outstanding tender documentation and all information relevant to those tenders.Keeping an accurate log and ensuring this is updated regularly.
- Managing Holiday cover for the departmental PA – booking meeting rooms, managing diaries and answering phones/accurate message taking.
- Performing any other ad hoc administration duties required.
- Attending various legal seminars with the team to keep abreast of current legal developments in the legal, and particular construction law, industry.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Preferably in a legal administrative role, although this is not essential.
- Excellent telephone manner
- Works well within a team
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Discretion with sensitive/confidential information
- Proactive, positive, self-motivated and organised
- Confident at communicating at all levels
- Strong attention to detail and error-free delivery
- Takes pride in presentation and quality of own work
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with team, colleagues and consultants/suppliers and stakeholders in a professional, consistent manner
- Consistently professional appearance, attitude and approach
- Good A Levels and GCSEs including Math’s and English
- Degree in Law or Graduate Diploma in Law, and completed LPC
Mace is an equal opportunities employer.
Careers+44 (0) 203 522 3030Email