Quality Record Support Officer
Bristol, United Kingdom
Project: Building two new nuclear reactors, the first in a new generation of nuclear power stations in the UK providing low-carbon electricity for around six million homes. The £19bn project is due to start generating electricity in 2026 and is currently the largest construction project in Europe.
The quality department is ultimately responsible for ensuring the HPC project receives the right product to the specification of the project in line with our established requirements. The PMO provides a broad range of support activities that contribute to the overall functioning of the department ensuring consistent, efficient and effective management of their scope of activity.
The focus of the quality record support officer, in this case will be to support the department staff (head of quality or quality managers) in implementing the processes in the scope of the team.
The role holder will be expected to identify areas where processes and arrangements relevant to the post can be improved and also to be involved in delivering agreed improvement activities. Within agreed scope the role holder will be expected to act on their own initiative and also make appropriate decisions to progress activities. They will be encouraged to develop relationships with stakeholders to support the objectives of the quality department and should proactively interact with departments or individuals who provide inputs to quality PMO or receive outputs from the PMO.
The role requires an ability to intelligently analyse and respond to the information being received to ensure that it is fit for purpose. This will also extend to being able to produce key messaging based on the reporting inputs received.
The role will also be tasked with managing and coordinating specific continuous improvement initiatives related to the quality department activities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the team’s budget cost reporting and contract administration.
- Working with the relevant quality managers to plan and arrange the quality topic level 4 and intervention meetings, compilation and issue of supporting documents (presentation slides), taking and issuing of formal minutes of meeting, completion of RNIP form (assessment of the quality of the interaction).
- Providing assistance with follow up and tracking of open actions.
- Ensuring compliance with RIO processes, completion of workstream monthly red, amber and green status report.
- Collating contributions from quality managers, critically appraising and evaluatiing the inputs, liaising with project controls, reviewing with head of quality.
- Issuing implementation of a communications plan to raise awareness of quality and improve interfaces.
- Managing of quality department risks in ARM with the support of the quality managers.
- Arranging and managing the quarterly review of the quality risk register and providing reports from ARM. Supporting the quality department in identifying SMART actions to mitigate the risks and provide regular reports of progress.
- Establishing a good working relationship with the supply chain management, commercial team administration of quality department task orders.
- Monitoring and reporting on task order spend status to ensure authorised spend ceiling amounts are not exceeded.
- Interfacing with assigned commercial manager/s to address contract or framework agreement queries.
- Interfacing with P2P accounts payable to expedite invoice payment queries from service providers.
You have an A level or technical discipline qualification. You have experience in management of interfaces with external entities (regulator, suppliers, EDF SA). You have technical knowledge in electronic documentation records management system.
You are digitally savvy especially in using Outlook, Advanced Microsoft Office (especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Teams). You have experience delivering large and complex construction projects, in a regulated environment within the nuclear energy sector in a PMO/consultancy background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including private medical insurance allowance and health and wellbeing commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across North America, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, India and Asia Pacific.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
- Job number: 09425
- Job field: Project Controls
- Job posted: 10/12/20
- Job close date: 17/12/20
- Job schedule: Full-time
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, founded and built on exceptional people, a commitment to service excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit.
We develop, consult, construct and operate some of the world’s most inspiring buildings and infrastructure programmes, and our people have built a reputation for delivering projects that seem impossible – challenging convention, innovating, and proudly moving our industry forward.
Today, we remain a privately owned business that has grown organically. We now employ over 6,300 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East, Africa, the Americas and Asia Pacific.
With an incredible breadth of opportunity across our global business, we attract the very best and support everyone to unleash their potential.
Our people are what makes Mace the business it is today – they are our strength. We actively encourage equality, diversity and inclusion in every market, sector and geography we work in - fully appreciating the benefits of a culture that embraces new ideas, encourages everyone to have a voice and celebrates differing beliefs and views. People at Mace are appreciated for their individualities and are encouraged to be themselves, every day and with everyone they work with.
Wherever you are on your career journey, Mace is the place to bring ambitions alive.
We will welcome your application irrespective of background, culture and disability. Should you need to discuss any reasonable adjustments or require guidance about our recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to a member of our team.
OUR COMMITMENTSWe are committed to health and safety, innovation and service excellence, being a responsible business and supporting the communities in which we work. Find out more.
If you have a question about working at Mace or would like to give any feedback on the recruitment process, you can contact our careers team. Get in touch.