In North America, we offer a full suite of project and cost management services. We’ve grown from a small core team to a network of offices including New York, Chicago, Atlanta and Los Angeles.
As an ambitious business in the region, we pride ourselves on promoting from within as well as offering genuine opportunities for individual development, progress and recognition.
The opportunity to join a major international organization in a growing market is not only an exciting one, but a very real prospect with Mace.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
Project Controller Deliverables - Safety
- Assisting the logistics manager with input into the project induction process.
- Assisting the project managers in co-ordinating and logging all contractor toolbox talks.
- Attending daily site meeting to keep up to date with site activity, progress and existing delivery risks and opportunities.
- Assisting in the development of trade contractor and Mace H&S compliance registers and training matrix’s for all staff and trade contractors on site.
- Working with the project lead and the logistics manager to establish the project health and safety manual (with further assistance from Mace and Nova Group).
- Maintaining of the MSD(S) documentation for and all contractors.
- Developing the platform of project controls via the designated box platform including the required templates.
- Ensuring all electronic platforms are followed on behalf of the site.
- Being the central point of communication for all project controls, continually ensure this suite and site processes are consistent.
- Driving the production and input from others into the weekly project dashboard, and monthly project dashboard.
- Maintaining updated drawing register for all trade packages.
- Regularly communicating with UK based design team to manage the change control process and drive learnings on excellent change control and control of drawings and information flow.
- Maintaining the site instruction register and coordinating the issue of site Instructions to trade contractors. Ensuring site instructions have corresponding change orders.
- Managing others to ensure that all project documents are scanned, organized and in place in line with the project controls structure (box).
- Undertaking weekly progress photos of the site.
- Updating time lapse footage to document control platform.
- Assisting in the preparation of trade contractor start on site, BOX onboarding and training.
- Managing the production/collection and recording of all trade and Mace regulatory and statutory compliance documentation.
- Assisting with the commercial management.
- Assisting with close out on change control and notify where change is unresolved or unagreed in each period.
- Maintaining the early warning register.
- Assisting with the buy-out of any further/new packages or materials required for the works.
- Raising purchase orders.
- Assisting with any problems in issuing or close out of RFI’s.
- Producing weekly RFI overdue action reports and chasing up actions across the site team.
- Managing the project site RFI register (both internally and with the trade contractors) and coordinate back to the UK teams.
- Building relationships with UK teams and drive RFI resolution.
- Ensuring trade contractors release required information.
- Ensuring all quality documentation from trade contractors are uploaded onto document control platform.
- Working with each work stream project manager to understand the requirements and provide feedback if any failings arise.
- Assisting both the grid and automation manager in the process for identification of and rectification of snags and defects.
- Assisting with the creation of a central data base to manage snags and defects.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams. You will have a construction or cost consultancy or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace have to offer.
Rewards and Recognition
With Mace you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including; healthcare, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, a robust vacation package, a 401k with company match, and a health and wellbeing commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.
Apply now for a confidential discussion.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
- Job number: 07819
- Job field: Consultancy Project Management
- Job posted: 13/10/20
- Job close date: 07/01/21
- Job schedule: Full-time
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, founded and built on exceptional people, a commitment to service excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit.
We develop, consult, construct and operate some of the world’s most inspiring buildings and infrastructure programmes, and our people have built a reputation for delivering projects that seem impossible – challenging convention, innovating, and proudly moving our industry forward.
Today, we remain a privately owned business that has grown organically. We now employ over 6,300 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East, Africa, the Americas and Asia Pacific.
With an incredible breadth of opportunity across our global business, we attract the very best and support everyone to unleash their potential.
Our people are what makes Mace the business it is today – they are our strength. We actively encourage equality, diversity and inclusion in every market, sector and geography we work in - fully appreciating the benefits of a culture that embraces new ideas, encourages everyone to have a voice and celebrates differing beliefs and views. People at Mace are appreciated for their individualities and are encouraged to be themselves, every day and with everyone they work with.
Wherever you are on your career journey, Mace is the place to bring ambitions alive.
We will welcome your application irrespective of background, culture and disability. Should you need to discuss any reasonable adjustments or require guidance about our recruitment process, please contact email@example.com to speak to a member of our team.
OUR COMMITMENTSWe are committed to health and safety, innovation and service excellence, being a responsible business and supporting the communities in which we work. Find out more.
If you have a question about working at Mace or would like to give any feedback on the recruitment process, you can contact our careers team. Get in touch.