In North America, we offer a full suite of project and cost management services. We’ve grown from a small core team to a network of offices including New York, Chicago, Atlanta and Los Angeles.
As an ambitious business in the region, we pride ourselves on promoting from within as well as offering genuine opportunities for individual development, progress and recognition.
The opportunity to join a major international organization in a growing market is not only an exciting one, but a very real prospect with Mace.
To be responsible for a safe project environment, guiding the project team to a safe standard of project delivery.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
Project Team Responsibility
- Undertaking weekly site audits/inspections (as per approved template) and drive the site team to understand point of work inspections and safety observations.
- Becoming an integral member of the small site-based team.
- Covering roles within the wider team in times of capacity pressures and problems.
- Contributing to weekly and monthly progress reports as required to support project reporting.
- Contributing to lessons learnt, process improvement and knowledge sharing.
- Assisting with periodic safety and other required training.
- Continually adding value to training material through comprehensive evaluation.
- Working with the project lead to establish the project health and safety manual (with further assistance from Mace and Nova Group), work with the project team to ensure compliance with such across the trades and within the wider team.
- Providing the project safety statistics and information for use in project reporting, safety meetings, tool box talks etc.
- Developing the project site induction and deliver until the project team are in a position to deliver on a rota.
- Assisting the project controller to ensure that the site maintains up to date safety facilities and equipment such as PPE, safety signage, hand wash stations etc.
- Guiding and developing a logistics management plan based on the site-specific constraints and manage the approval of this plan with general contractor (GC) and trade contractors.
- Communicating this plan to the trade contractors and general contractor.
- On-board all parties in line with this plan effectively. Re-fresh the plan as site constraints change.
- Regularly speaking with UK supply chain to coordinate and ensure all delivery data (lead-in information, updates) is accurate.
- Issuing receipt of materials as required to the UK within 24 hours of receipt of goods.
- Working with manufacturers as well as the shipping companies to provide daily updates on deliveries in co-ordination with UK supply chain.
- Reconciling BOMs where needed, delivering information and feedback to UK supply chain via a recorded and coordinated process.
- Working with the site lead to establish the overall site layout i.e. contractor trailer locations, establishment of laydown areas, placement of materials storage cages, etc. at the start on site.
- Working with the GC to ensure fully integrated logistics plan.
- Communicating integrated logistics plan with all site team and trade contractors.
- Developing and maintaining the inventory management register and maintain up to date records/ledgers of all materials held on site in collaboration with the grid installation manager and project coordinator.
- Overseeing the management process ensuring an extremely detailed log of all incoming materials is up to date and communicated every 24 hours.
- Reporting of the materials delivery process and materials arrival to site process; including all off-loading, site lifting plans, large tool (JIG) delivery set up, and the trade contractor JHA approvals.
- Working with the grid manager to make delivery process seamless.
- Providing daily coordination and logistics management for grid and peripheral material deliveries (approximately 5 trucks per day), which include but not limited to significant quantities of aluminum and steel legs.
- Coordinating safe and efficient off-loading and movement into chamber, avoiding double handling.
- Attend weekly last planner meetings and be responsible for informing the team of material needs in advance of construction operations
- Escalating shortages promptly with mitigation measures.
- Assisting the grid manager in swiftly reporting any missing items, or items not meeting the project specification and subsequently implement quarantine arrangements and materials return
- Ensuring trade contractors undertake weekly plant inspections and file inspections and certification accordingly
- Maintaining and driving close, frequent liaison with the general contractor to regulate delivery and movements around site.
- Recording client or contractor delay and contribute to daily site diary.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams. You will have a construction or cost consultancy or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace have to offer.
Reward and Recognition
With Mace you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including; healthcare, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, a robust vacation package, a 401k with company match, and a health and wellbeing commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.
Apply now for a confidential discussion.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
- Job number: 07817
- Job field: Consultancy Project Management
- Job posted: 04/12/20
- Job close date: 29/12/20
- Job schedule: Full-time
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, founded and built on exceptional people, a commitment to service excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit.
We develop, consult, construct and operate some of the world’s most inspiring buildings and infrastructure programmes, and our people have built a reputation for delivering projects that seem impossible – challenging convention, innovating, and proudly moving our industry forward.
Today, we remain a privately owned business that has grown organically. We now employ over 6,300 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East, Africa, the Americas and Asia Pacific.
With an incredible breadth of opportunity across our global business, we attract the very best and support everyone to unleash their potential.
Our people are what makes Mace the business it is today – they are our strength. We actively encourage equality, diversity and inclusion in every market, sector and geography we work in - fully appreciating the benefits of a culture that embraces new ideas, encourages everyone to have a voice and celebrates differing beliefs and views. People at Mace are appreciated for their individualities and are encouraged to be themselves, every day and with everyone they work with.
Wherever you are on your career journey, Mace is the place to bring ambitions alive.
We will welcome your application irrespective of background, culture and disability. Should you need to discuss any reasonable adjustments or require guidance about our recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to a member of our team.
OUR COMMITMENTSWe are committed to health and safety, innovation and service excellence, being a responsible business and supporting the communities in which we work. Find out more.
If you have a question about working at Mace or would like to give any feedback on the recruitment process, you can contact our careers team. Get in touch.