CEO for Construction
Group Board tenure: 17 years
Gareth joined Mace in 1994 and has more than 28 years’ experience in the construction industry. He specialises in running complex projects and programmes bringing high quality delivery and innovation to clients.
- What skills and experience do you bring to your role on the Mace Board?
- How have you seen the company develop during your time here?
- I joined way back in 1994, and was Mace's 150th employee, when we specialised in project management and construction management. Since then we have grown substantially in size, capability and global footprint. We've built a credible reputation in London for being able to deliver the most complex and challenging construction projects, while minimising disruption to the local community and using innovative techniques.
- What’s your proudest moment at Mace?
- It has got to be the completion of the spire, which crowned our work on Europe's tallest building, The Shard in London, and reflecting on the success that the team had achieved. It was a huge engineering feat and set new industry-leading performance.
- Where would you like to see Mace in five years' time?
- What are you passionate about outside of work?
- I'm passionate about cars and I love to go cycling. And like many of us, try to spend as much time as I can with my family and travelling with them around the world.
“My proudest moment has to be the completion of the spire, which crowned our work on Europe’s tallest building, The Shard, in London.”