School leaver and Apprenticeship programmes
Start a career like no other.
Apprenticeship brochure 2018Download 3.2MB PDF
Our Apprenticeship programmes offer a wide range of opportunities to people who are looking to start a career in the construction industry.
Our trainees and apprentices have worked on iconic projects, including the London 2012 Olympic Park, The Shard, Battersea Power Station, Tottenham Hotspur Football Stadium and Manchester Business School.
As well as the opportunity to work on some of the UK’s most exciting projects, all of our apprentices and trainees receive financial and practical support with part-time study towards an industry recognised qualification.
Our structured training programme will teach you technical and business skills to help you succeed in your career.
Our Careers in Construction Week programme is designed for students aged 15-17 who are interested in a career in the construction industry but are unsure of the route or role that could suit them best.
During the week, from our head office in London, you will:
- Learn about our key services and career paths, including design, project management, facilities management, construction delivery and sustainability.
- Meet senior colleagues, graduates, undergraduates and apprentices.
- Take part in workshops on Mace’s career opportunities.
- Visit some of Mace’s iconic projects, both live and completed.
- Attend workshops on CV writing, interviews and mock assessment centres.
- Complete a group activity - putting everything you have learned throughout the week into practice.
“I joined Mace in 2012 as a team secretary before joining a project team as an office manager. Inspired by my construction colleagues, I soon moved into an assistant construction manager role on the iconic Birmingham New Street station. Three years on, I am now a construction manager and feel incredibly proud of the journey I have made.”
“The sort of things that I’m learning really help to give a strategic overview of the whole business. Many of the senior teams at Mace have started out as quantity surveyors so there are loads of options for the future.”