Senior Design Manager - Urban Planning and Public Realm
Ref: SR 17865
Location: Dubai, UAE
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa & India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety First, Client Focus, Create Opportunity, Integrity. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Be a part of our International Consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East, North Africa and India hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project & programme management and cost consultancy services.
Senior Design Manager – Urban Planning & Public Realm
Reporting to the Project Director, responsible for our complete Design Management deliverables on the Urban Planning and Public Realm sector of a wider, masterplanned programme.
Responsible for the management of international consultants and design partners through design delivery.
- Design team leadership.
- Ensuring a cohesive design management process is adhered to throughout all stages of the scheme.
- Monitoring compliance with the Project Brief.
- Monitoring progress against the Project Scope.
- Scheduling of Design Reviews at all gateways and Control Points.
- Organising and Managing Technical Review team resource and input.
The successful applicant will need to have experience in coordinating and managing multiple stakeholders and demonstrate the ability to build robust, long term relationships and integrated teams.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills will be required. It is essential that you can demonstrate a clear, systematic approach to solving complex technical and aesthetic issues and are able to communicate solutions in an effective, high level manner.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Urban Planning / Public Realm / Lanscape Project experience is essential.
- Extensive UAE experience is essential for client approval.
- Master Planned, Major Project (AED1bn+) experience is essential.
- International project delivery experience is essential.
- Knowledge of codes, regulations and specifications.
- 8yrs + of post-graduate experience is essential for client approval
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills will be required.
- Excellent Leadership qualities are essential.
- Degree Qualifications is essential for client approval.
- 12+ years of post-graduate experience is required for client approval.
- Professional Memberships are an advantage but not essential.
Careers+44 (0) 203 522 3030Email