Location: Birmingham, UK
Reference: SM 18004
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa & India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety First, Client Focus, Create Opportunity, Integrity. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Be a part of our Programme Management Consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee major events & infrastructure programmes of work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
The post holder will join a team of 18 responsible for the commercial elements of a major programme.
- Interface with Commercial Directorate
- Interface with Finance Directorate to agree rules for data exchange from Oracle Fusion to Cost Management systems
- Interface with IT, Integrated Process and Reporting teams
- Support development of Cost Management procedures, user guides and training material within MPD
- Support IT team for data model and front end systems configuration
- Support Capability and Implementation teams
- Support MPPO to assure project / programme commercial activities and intervene when non-compliance is identified
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Good knowledge of various forms of contract.
- Experience in commercial management of subcontractors.
- Have excellent communication – both oral and written, numeric and computer skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work to own initiative.
- Ability to build strong relationships with all management levels.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying is preferred (or other commercially related discipline).
- Professional Memberships are an advantage but not essential.
Mace is an equal opportunities employer.
Careers+44 (0) 203 522 3030Email