Energy Hub Manager
Ref: SM 17999
Location: Moorgate, UK
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa & India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety First, Client Focus, Create Opportunity, Integrity. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Be a part of our Consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Energy Hub Manager
The role will be part of the Utilities Management Services team who together with their delivery partners have the capability to arrange all statutory utility related contestable works across the project lifecycle. Their specialist services are provided as part of Mace’s integrated team to manage and support the successful delivery of the Statutory Undertakers Works required for the delivery of both buildings and major programmes.
The role is to manage the Energy and Water Procurement & Consumption within all of Mace.
To validate all procured Water, Electrical & Gas directly procured by Mace. This can be for temporary energy consumption on construction sites to enabling the permanent connections.
Prior to arranging for the connection the Energy Hub will assist and then validate each sites calculated load application to ensure the correct levels of supply are procured. This will be in the form of a load profile and this will be monitored through the full duration of the project to ensure the correct amount of energy and water is being consumed.
To work closely with the sustainability and Assurance teams and look to implement innovative methods to reduce the energy consumption on the projects and therefore lower the company’s carbon footprint.
- To record and monitor consumption of Gas, Electricity and water used
- To liaise with the rest of the utilities team to get temporary and permanent new site connections installed.
- To monitor each site and ensure that they implement the company policies for energy reduction.
- Provide monthly progress reports - dashboard
- Ensuring the Mace QA / QC system is implemented
- Monitoring and maintaining a project risk register
- CRC reporting to the business for annual tax accounting
- Benchmark energy usage for different types and sizes of project
- Create typical project profile for energy usage
- Procurement of utility supply connections
- Issue drawings for project connections
- Develop programmes for site delivery of utility connections
- Create tender packs for annual contract
- Issue carbon footprint reports
- Ensuring utility programmes are correct and all team members know the dates
- Assisting with the monthly valuations, payments and bill analysis
- Management of utility connections for projects at both tender and construction
- Design of temporary site supplies
- Evaluation of energy consumption on site
- Implementation of company policies for energy reduction
- Monitor market value of national account
- Drive innovation through design
- Ensuring all OMM’s information is handed over
- Review and provide input to the logistics plan
- Develop the QA/QC system for this new role
- Developing the following years contract
- Dispute resolution
- Commercial review
- Utility Asset Construction methodology review
- Stakeholder engagement management
- Method statement review and Safety Risk assessments
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Proven experience working in the construction/utilities sector and managing projects.
- Project Management disciplines including Value management and programme development and monitoring, ensuring delivery against key milestone targets.
- Understanding of the Energy markets.
- Self-motivated, organised and capable of working under own direction in a pressured construction environment.
- Acknowledgement of responsibilities and acceptance of ownership
- Strong negotiating skills with the ability to secure the required outcomes when dealing with people who are process led and not contracted into the project is essential.
- Knowledge and experience of the utilities and construction industry is an advantage, in particular general knowledge of Water, Sewerage, Gas, and Electric including supply application and disconnection procedures.
- An understanding of procurement opportunities to deliver contestable works.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in creating, managing and maintaining relationships, able to converse to clients and peers to director level
- Able to lead teams and chair meetings
- Degree Qualifications is preferred but not essential.
- Professional Memberships are an advantage but not essential.
Mace is an equal opportunities employer.
Careers+44 (0) 203 522 3030Email