Ref: SM 17834
Location: London, UK
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa & India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety First, Client Focus, Create Opportunity, Integrity. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Be a part of our Programme Management business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee major events & infrastructure programmes of work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
To provide commercial and contract management across a number of projects on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. The role will include monitoring developer performance on infrastructure projects and administering construction contracts from inception to completion on projects delivered directly by the Employer. The role will work closely with the Employer’s Development Managers as well as supporting the Mace project managers deliver a variety of projects.
Work closely with the Project Manager and Commercial Leader providing commercial support / assistance on a day to day basis.
Oversight of Developer Performance on the ‘Eastwick & Sweetwater’ development – Site Infrastructure Works.
1. Work closely with the Employer’s Development Manager and the Project Manager providing commercial support and guidance on a day to day basis including:
- Reviewing and commenting on the commercial elements of the Developer’s monthly progress reports
- Representing the Employer in commercial dialogue with the developer relating to the delivery of the Site Infrastructure Works
- Reviewing and commenting on proposed changes, advising the Employer on budgetary impact and working with the project manager to provide overall impact analysis
- Monitoring the Employer’s budget position against the Developer’s forecasts.
- Reviewing and commenting on procurement recommendations from the Developer
- Activity schedule/progress review
- Review / recommendations on governance
- Cost reporting – Monthly reporting against the agreed budget and project cap (including costs to date, agreed change and progress etc.)
- Change control – Compiling and processing agreed change for budget changes
- Financial Year forecasts / reconciliation with 10 year plan
- Developer invoicing – review of submissions and recommendation of value to invoice (including review of sub-consultant submissions against agreed activity schedules and progress)
- Authorising payments
- Contract admin – instructions and formal communications to the developer
Contract Administration on delivery projects - Lead role in Contract Administration of designated contracts under his / her control including:
- Commercial management from Contract Award to Final Account, including managing the commercial close-out of contracts in accordance with agreed processes and procedures
- Issue of Instructions and manage compensation event processes
- Agree and negotiate entitlement and quantum of compensation events applicable under the contract
- Early warning procedure and risk management
- Payment assessment (valuation) and certification + provision of accruals for LLDC month end financial reporting
- Various contractual notices and the like
3. Ensure compliance and consistency in the use of key commercial procedures and contract administration of the contracts
4. Manage the Change Control and Change Management process at contract and project level and support same at Programme level
5. Provide accurate and timely budget and cost information to the project team and project controls via monthly cost reports – including forecast final costs and budget v cost analysis.
6. Assist in regular contract reviews and report concisely to the LLDC and Mace leadership teams
7. Assist in the resolution of elevated disputed commercial issues originating from contracts
8. Ensure preparation of commercial close-out packs in a timely manner to meet the overall programme requirements
9. Assist in the development of the Contract Administration team within the project. Share knowledge with the wider team to ensure best practice is captured and adopted throughout
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Commercial management of projects / subcontracts in infrastructure and/or building environment
- Ability to manage time across multiple projects
- Working knowledge of NEC Contracts
- Good communication, verbal and written
- Analytical and numerate
- Collaborative team working capability
- Influencing and negotiating skills
- Learning & developing others
- IT Literate - Including ability to learn & use in-house applications
- Make things happen rather than wait for them to happen
- Degree Qualifications is preferred but not essential.
- Preferably RICS or equivalent, although those pursuing RICS qualifications will be considered.
Mace is an equal opportunities employer.
Careers+44 (0) 203 522 3030Email