Assistant Project Manager - Rail / Infrastructure
Location: London, UK
Reference: SM 17805
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa & India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety First, Client Focus, Create Opportunity, Integrity. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Be a part of our Programme Management Consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee major events & infrastructure programmes of work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Assistant Project Manager – Rail / Infrastructure
We require an Assistant Project Manager who will need to be accountable for discrete aspects of the works whilst working in a collaborative manner with other staff, contractors and stakeholders.
A strong commitment to safety and quality management and a drive to succeed will be required in order to complete these works to the required standard and schedule.
- Assist in ensuring approved design and construction documentation is in place, prior to works commencing.
- Assist in ensuring financial authority in place for procurement and subsequent contract variations and management of the budget for the Projects.
- Produce regular progress and commercial reports.
- Assist in the Management of project team members to ensure successful delivery.
- Assist in stakeholder management and take the lead with some external stakeholders.
- Assist in the management of the implementation of works by contractors.
- Assist in the procurement of principal and other selected contractors to carry out the works.
- Assist in the management and resolution of design queries.
- Assist in the maintenance of an integrated programme schedule.
- Assist in the Undertaking of risk management practises, including risk reduction meeting.
- Assistance in all commercial aspects of the project.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Team player with good leadership and motivation skills and proven ability to manage a multi-disciplinary team.
- Good interpersonal, analytical and communication skills (oral and written) with demonstrated ability to prepare project reports.
- Negotiation and influencing skills, with ability to manage external contractual and stakeholder relationships.
- Assisting in the management of railway infrastructure projects
- Experience managing contractors in a construction environment.
- Working with Rail clients.
- Working with Project Governance processes.
- Degree Qualifications is preferred but not essential.
- Professional Memberships are an advantage but not essential.
Mace is an equal opportunities employer.
Careers+44 (0) 203 522 3030Email