Ref: JC 17596
Location: London, UK
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa & India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety First, Client Focus, Create Opportunity, Integrity. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Be a part of our Project Management Consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Project Management / Public Sector – Associate Director
We are seeking to appoint an Associate Director, for our London based Public Sector team, with a key focus on the Central Government Sector.
- Assist with the growth and development of Mace’s Central Government Sector Leadership and control of the commercial, financial and administration of construction and strategic consultancy commissions and accountability for client account(s).
- Leadership of a client account/s and individual project commercial elements including project workbooks and project service reviews.
- Management and accountability for commercial and resourcing arrangements of multiple projects, accountable for profitability and service quality.
- Responsible for the management of multi projects, running complex projects or programmes.
- Responsible for the leadership and development of Teams within the Sector.
- Accountability for the project team to safely deliver, on time, to stated budget and quality and to client satisfaction a range of projects.
- Develop Business strategies to secure additional income in growth of existing accounts and introduction of new business.
- Identify opportunities and pursue the promotion of further services to clients.
- Lead and Manage bidding and extension management - interpreting tender requirements, research, preparing presentations and attending interviews.
- Assemble appropriate teams and resource strategy based on experience and ability. Develop Fee strategy and Calculation for commercial sign off.
- Responsibility for line management of Project Manager(s) and Senior Project Manager(s).
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Setting and managing project and programme governance.
- Preparation of development or project briefs and feasibility studies.
- Good health & safety and welfare working practices.
- Risk management processes.
- Design process and management of design teams.
- Financial management of projects including development appraisals.
- Project procurement routes.
- Construction and project close out processes.
- Construction methodology.
- Contractual dispute resolution techniques.
- Techniques for conflict avoidance, conflict management and dispute resolution.
- Monitoring and reporting on cash flow and profitability.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to operate effectively with strategic project and programme stakeholders at a senior level.
- Effective written, verbal and graphic presentation skills.
- Proficient in the use of MS project, knowledge of critical path analysis.
- High-quality reporting procedures to a variety of different audiences over a range of different formats.
- Degree Qualifications is preferred but not essential.
- Membership of RCIS, CIOB, APM or equivalent relevant professional institution desirable
Mace is an equal opportunities employer.
Careers+44 (0) 203 522 3030Email