Senior Project Manager - Data Centres
Location: London, UK
Reference: JC 17358
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa & India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety First, Client Focus, Create Opportunity, Integrity. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Be a part of our Project Management Consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Senior Project Manager – Data Centres
Initially managing one central London Data Centre Projects in central London due to start on site imminently. The role will may lead to undertaking and delivering a large project, two or three medium sized projects; or a combination of the above as the lead PM with support from Junior PM’s.
- Oversee production of tender schedules and contribute to procurement of trade contractors.
- Prepare detailed project plans.
- Establish key relationships with the client and other key stakeholders.
- Set up regular and clear lines of communication to address issues, which may arise.
- Set up and chair regular site progress meetings and report on weekly project and commercial progress.
- Ensure project/programme is kept up to date.
- Agree key responsibilities and manage and develop the team to ensure objectives are met and staff are supported and motivated. Assess resources available on a regular basis and bring in additional support/specialist expertise where necessary.
- Establish and monitor appropriate project operating procedures and systems, specifically ensuring management plan is being followed and adhered to.
- Take responsibility for ensuring safe project working practices are adhered to for all site personnel.
- Manage, monitor and co-ordinate all key aspects of the project, including but not limited to, cost, value, risk, logistics, neighbour relations, safety, quality, M&E, design and environment.
- Ensure close out and practical completion schedules are completed and issued.
- Represent the company in a presentable and professional manner.
- Provide financial reports on time (forecasts, budgets, income, fees etc).
- Ensure invoices and timesheets are submitted on time.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Experience of Mission Critical projects for clients desired
- Technical discipline background preferred.
- Experience in Data Centre design and build concepts.
- Ability to lead strategic early design stage PM role functions right through to management of delivery stages
- Desire to lead multidisciplinary design and construction teams in fast paced and live environments.
- Delivery of complex M&E systems in new-build and refurbishment projects.
- Detailed knowledge / appreciation of H&S matters a must.
- Good commercial awareness and good with internal business reporting.
- Solid experience of Contract Administration and using various forms of contract essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, good team player, etc.
- Interest in building technology, innovation, BIM, lean construction etc.
- Foreign language desired and willingness to work outside London and abroad.
- Degree Qualifications is preferred but not essential.
- HNC, HND or equivalent level of qualification essential.
- Professional Memberships are an advantage but not essential
Mace is an Equal Opportunity Employer.