Project Manager - Winchester
Location: Winchester, UK
Reference: JC 17354
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa & India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety First, Client Focus, Create Opportunity, Integrity. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Be a part of our Project Management Consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Project Manager – (Consultancy)
To oversee projects of a wide variety in the construction sector. You will need to be extremely organised, personable and have a keen attention to detail.
The role is working within the consultancy industry, where specific projects are undertaken over a period of time with set goals and budgetary requirements to be fulfilled.
Your primary aim will be to ensure that the client’s needs and requirements are adhered to and that the overall project is completed in a timely manner.
The services provided will depend on the client and the type of building under consideration.
- Determine Client Brief relating to design, cost and time.
- Co-ordinate pre-contract Design Team, CDM Co-ordinator.
- Undertake regular key stage Cost Reviews.
- Manage Project Timetable and Risk Register.
- Monitor project Key Performance Indicators.
- Chair and record regular Progress Meetings.
- Issue regular Progress Reports.
- Administer building contract in relation to time, payments, notification and practical completion procedures.
- Regular Site Inspections to monitor progress and workmanship quality.
- Co-ordinate Whole Life Costing exercise and completion documentation e.g. manuals etc.
- Monitor post completion defects and any defects resolution issues.
- Post completion Project Review and Feedback.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, good team player, etc.
- Detailed knowledge / appreciation of H&S matters a must.
- Good commercial awareness and good with internal business reporting.
- Solid experience of Contract Administration and using various forms of contract essential.
- Detail oriented and technically minded
- Able to responsibly lead a team.
- To efficiently utilise different computer and communication software applications and hardware.
- Successfully manage time, plans, projects and other related tasks.
- Degree Qualifications is preferred but not essential.
- Membership of RCIS, CIOB, APM or equivalent relevant professional institution desirable.
Mace is an Equal Opportunity Employer.