Assistant Project Manager
Ref: JC 16563
Location: London, UK
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa & India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety First, Client Focus, Create Opportunity, Integrity. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Be a part of our Project Management Consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Assistant Project Manager
We have an opportunity for an Assistant Project Manager to join our growing Consultancy team. Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, assisting in all Project Management activities.
- Supporting the design development, design management, procurement, delivery, quality and safety in a client facing role.
- Management of commercial elements of project delivery.
- Involved in all Risk Workshops, mitigation/ management strategies and escalation processes.
- Contract administration and management of the project budgets, reporting on cash flow and variations.
- Reinforce the Mace corporate image and branding.
- Contribute to high-quality reporting procedure to a variety of different audiences over a range of different formats (ie, face-to-face, meetings, etc.).
- Involvement in project closeout procedures.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Awareness and understanding of the bidding process and contributing to bids.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the principles and practice of client care, responsibilities imposed by law, codes of practice and other regulations on health and safety.
- Have an understanding of why and how sustainability seeks to balance economic, environmental and social objectives at global, national and local levels, in the context of land, property and the built environment.
- Awareness of principles of programming projects, including planning techniques such as Gantt charts, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the various types of programmes and schedules commonly used on projects.
- Understanding the information required to prepare a development brief or project briefs.
- Awareness of the different resources and activities to ensure project is undertaken using appropriate levels of resources and within an acceptable duration.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of requirements for effective project administration and reporting.
- Understanding of the main types of procurement routes and involvement in tendering and negotiation processes.
- Awareness of contractual dispute resolution techniques and where they are used.
- Degree Qualifications is preferred but not essential.
- Professional Memberships are an advantage but not essential.
Mace is an equal opportunities employer.
Careers+44 (0) 203 522 3030Email