Project Manager – Corporate Real Estate
Location: Houston, USA
Reference: DP 17966
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa & India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety First, Client Focus, Create Opportunity, Integrity. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Be a part of our North America business which started in 2009 and has successfully operated in all 50 states as well as Canada and Mexico, delivering project & program management, facilities management and cost consultancy services, for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
As an expanding business in the region we pride ourselves on promoting from within as well as offering genuine opportunities for individual development, progress and recognition.
Project Manager – Corporate Real Estate
Working with one of our major clients located in Houston, providing client facing Project Management Consultancy services to their Real Estate team.
This role will suit those who have a background with Blue-Chip Project or Program Management Consultancies or Client Side PMO’s, that wish to develop their careers with a leading, innovative global organization.
- Working on a variety of projects that range from refurbishment and relocation of corporate office space, to the design, procurement and delivery of complex pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities.
- Responsible for the strategic management, control, monitoring and reporting of A&E Consultants, General Contractors and a broad variety of Stakeholders within our clients’ organisation.
- Establish and monitor appropriate project operating procedures and systems, specifically ensuring management plan is being followed and adhered to.
- Take responsibility for ensuring safe project working practices are adhered to for all site personnel.
- Set up and chair regular site progress meetings and report on weekly project and commercial progress.
- Agree key responsibilities and manage and develop the team to ensure objectives are met and staff are supported and motivated.
- Project budgets-reporting on cash flow and variations.
- It is essential that you can demonstrate a clear, systematic approach to solving complex issues and are able to communicate solutions in an effective, efficient, high level manner.
- A hands on approach are essential and it is important that you will not only be client facing, but can demonstrate a good level of confidence and comfort working directly with our senior client teams.
- Stakeholder mapping exercises and development of communication strategies.
- Provide financial reports on time (forecasts, budgets, income, fees etc)
- Ensure invoices and timesheets are submitted on time.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Experience working with a Project or Program Management Consultancy.
- Complete understanding of design, construction and cost programs.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Use of the Microsoft office suite of programs.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Effective communicator, with excellent influencing and negotiating skills.
- Able to build and maintain key client relationships.
- Able to work in a pressurised environment.
- Results and quality focused individual.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the principles and practice of client care, responsibilities imposed by law, codes of practice and other regulations on health and safety.
- Detailed knowledge and appreciation of Health and Safety is essential.
- Degree Qualifications is preferred but not essential.
- Professional Memberships are an advantage but not essential.
Mace is an equal opportunities employer.