Senior Marketing and Communications Manager
Ref: CM 17937
Location: London, UK
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa & India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; safety first, client focus, create opportunity, integrity. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Help to create and deliver PR and communications campaigns across our five global hubs that secure national and trade coverage across print, online and broadcast. You will be the first port of call for any press enquiries and also play a crucial role in the implementation of our crisis communications plan.
Senior Marketing & Communications Manager
The Marketing & Communications (Marcomms) department’s purpose is to position, protect & promote the Mace brand to enable market leadership in the property & infrastructure sector.
The job mainly focuses around media relations and social media activity but requires the flexibility to work across Marcomms as required
- Create quality written content for use across several communications channels, particularly external channels.
- Contribute articles to the ‘Perspectives’ section of the macegroup.com website.
- Develop, implement and evaluate media campaigns to support business objectives.
- Protect and enhance the company’s reputation through effective proactive and reactive media management.
- Support the implementation of the Crisis Communications Plan; provide support and training to the media handling team and support the overall planning and implementation of updates to the CCP
- Develop, implement and manage the social media plan in-line with the PR plan and wider Marcomms strategy; develop social media campaigns for Marcomms campaigns and manage the recruitment of social media monitoring/evaluation agencies.
- Establish and build relationships with key media (trades and nationals), external and internal stakeholders.
- Be a trusted advisor to the Group Board and other Directors at Mace regarding PR.
- Ensure that content is timely, clear and consistent.
- Ensures that the Mace corporate objectives, brand and ‘tone of voice’ are reflected in all messaging.
- Developing a project brief and executing competent project management skills to deliver a project’s objectives successfully.
- Manages and develops direct reports and identifies development needs for individuals.
- Provides tactical management and delegation for specific projects
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Microsoft Office suite of software, particularly MS Word
- Working knowledge of project budgets
- Experience of construction and/or professional services industry
- Excellent at building internal and external networks
- Adobe suite of software, especially InDesign
- Good trade and national journalist contacts
- Prior experience of developing and implementing media campaigns
- Worked for professional services organisation / client or B2B organisation
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with team, colleagues and consultants/suppliers and stakeholders in a professional, consistent manner
- “Brand ambassador” mind-set
- Confident at communicating at all levels, including upwards
- Flexibility to occasionally work outside standard working hours to deliver events
- At least five years’ experience in a communications and/or media role
- Agency and/or in-house media relations experience
- Delivering integrated campaigns, including social media content
- An understanding of professional services and/or the building/property industries
- Existing journalist relationships
- National and trade journalist relationships
- Degree Qualifications is preferred but not essential.
- Professional Memberships are an advantage but not essential.
Mace is an equal opportunities employer.
Careers+44 (0) 203 522 3030Email