Senior Sustainability Manager
London, United Kingdom
To be an expert and promote innovation/change in a particular area of sustainability i.e. waste, energy/carbon, water, responsible sourcing of materials or sustainable buildings.
To be a proactive generalist, able to cover all major sustainability issues with all relevant stakeholders.
To support the drive for Mace to continue to lead in sustainability.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the project and client teams deliver Mace corporate targets and client ambitions.
- Aiming to innovate, exceed and deliver positive sustainability outcomes beyond compliance.
- Ensuring sustainability reporting and compliance requirements are met in the most business efficient manner.
- Embedding the data collection process throughout the business and finding standardized, company-wide solutions.
- Supporting work winning through bid support, innovation, client liaison, up-skilling of colleagues and raising Mace’s profile externally.
- Managing the risk assessment tools and optimising (Mace bespoke responsible business reporting software) and Tracker Plus.
- Guiding in the responsible business training and communications to coach and communicate in simple, impactful ways including translation and education of the group strategy and annual goals for each area.
- Creating of league tables and KPI in order to manage reporting.
- Managing green building certification processes.
- Standing as a focal point for technical support and able to trouble shoot.
- Translating the technical topics into laypersons language and articulate the value of sustainability.
- Representing Mace at relevant forums and through presentations to clients and working groups.
- Supporting sustainability and encouraging behavioural change throughout the business.
- Helping bid teams differentiate Mace in work winning.
- Driving client and Mace corporate responsible business outcomes.
- Influencing internal stakeholders and suppliers to change behaviours and drive results.
- Meeting and networking with strategic clients.
- Seeking and promoting innovative solutions/technologies.
You have a degree qualification in relevant science or construction subject. Practitioner or higher-level member of IEMA or similar professional body.
You have previous involvement with construction and development projects. Proven experience of sustainability delivery and related process i.e. environmental audit or sustainable design. Expertise in Mace’s Environmental Management Systems (EMS) 14001.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams. Strong technical knowledge and experience in one or more relevant sustainability topics (waste, carbon/energy, responsible sourcing, water, biodiversity).You will have a construction or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace have to offer.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including private medical insurance allowance, professional subscription or membership fee reimbursement, life cover, enhanced parental leave policy and flexibility centred around our social, health and wellbeing commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.
Apply now for a confidential discussion.
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East and North Africa, Americas, Central Asia, India, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
- Job number: 08844
- Job field: Sustainability
- Job posted: 06/12/20
- Job close date: 15/12/20
- Job schedule: Full-time
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, founded and built on exceptional people, a commitment to service excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit.
We develop, consult, construct and operate some of the world’s most inspiring buildings and infrastructure programmes, and our people have built a reputation for delivering projects that seem impossible – challenging convention, innovating, and proudly moving our industry forward.
Today, we remain a privately owned business that has grown organically. We now employ over 6,300 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East, Africa, the Americas and Asia Pacific.
With an incredible breadth of opportunity across our global business, we attract the very best and support everyone to unleash their potential.
Our people are what makes Mace the business it is today – they are our strength. We actively encourage equality, diversity and inclusion in every market, sector and geography we work in - fully appreciating the benefits of a culture that embraces new ideas, encourages everyone to have a voice and celebrates differing beliefs and views. People at Mace are appreciated for their individualities and are encouraged to be themselves, every day and with everyone they work with.
Wherever you are on your career journey, Mace is the place to bring ambitions alive.
We will welcome your application irrespective of background, culture and disability. Should you need to discuss any reasonable adjustments or require guidance about our recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to a member of our team.
OUR COMMITMENTSWe are committed to health and safety, innovation and service excellence, being a responsible business and supporting the communities in which we work. Find out more.
If you have a question about working at Mace or would like to give any feedback on the recruitment process, you can contact our careers team. Get in touch.