Senior Project Manager - Ministry of Justice
London, United Kingdom
Project: Opportunity to join a growing multidisciplinary framework team working with the Ministry of Justice London and the East of England. The focus of our work is in the delivery of capital refurbishments and upgrades across the MoJ’s estate including prisons, courts and probation
- Delivering projects within in a live environment, keeping clients and stakeholders informed and coordinating activities of consultants and contractors within constraints.
- Presenting and understanding the needs and drivers of senior client personnel and a range of stakeholders from operational backgrounds e.g. prison governors, judiciary etc.
- Preparing of outline and development briefs.
- Preparing and delivering the reports including feasibility and project progress reports.
- Facilitating anchor workshops and management of outcomes including communication strategies and stakeholder mapping.
- Preparing the project execution plan (PEP) and project initiation document (PID).
- Developing, assessing, interpreting and on-going management of programmes.
- Preparing risk registers and management of the mitigation/management strategy.
- Leading the procurement of consultant, contractors and equipment services.
- Managing of the design process and monitoring against project teams’ deliverables.
- Managing the change control processes.
- Monitoring and reporting on budgets, cash flow and profitability.
- Constructing and projecting close-out including client sign off and facilitating lessons learnt workshops.
- Providing line management of assistant managers, graduates and apprentices.
You have background in delivering public sector construction projects, dealing with high level stakeholders and familiarity with governance processes, preferably in the custodial estate. Familiarity in two stage contracting with NEC and/or partnering forms of contract.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships. You will have a construction or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace have to offer.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including private medical insurance allowance and health and wellbeing commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.
Apply now for a confidential discussion.
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across North America, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, India and Asia Pacific.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
- Job number: 09297
- Job field: Consultancy Project Management
- Job posted: 11/12/20
- Job close date: 22/12/20
- Job schedule: Full-time
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, founded and built on exceptional people, a commitment to service excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit.
We develop, consult, construct and operate some of the world’s most inspiring buildings and infrastructure programmes, and our people have built a reputation for delivering projects that seem impossible – challenging convention, innovating, and proudly moving our industry forward.
Today, we remain a privately owned business that has grown organically. We now employ over 6,300 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East, Africa, the Americas and Asia Pacific.
With an incredible breadth of opportunity across our global business, we attract the very best and support everyone to unleash their potential.
Our people are what makes Mace the business it is today – they are our strength. We actively encourage equality, diversity and inclusion in every market, sector and geography we work in - fully appreciating the benefits of a culture that embraces new ideas, encourages everyone to have a voice and celebrates differing beliefs and views. People at Mace are appreciated for their individualities and are encouraged to be themselves, every day and with everyone they work with.
Wherever you are on your career journey, Mace is the place to bring ambitions alive.
We will welcome your application irrespective of background, culture and disability. Should you need to discuss any reasonable adjustments or require guidance about our recruitment process, please contact email@example.com to speak to a member of our team.
OUR COMMITMENTSWe are committed to health and safety, innovation and service excellence, being a responsible business and supporting the communities in which we work. Find out more.
If you have a question about working at Mace or would like to give any feedback on the recruitment process, you can contact our careers team. Get in touch.