Bristol, United Kingdom
Project: Building two new nuclear reactors, the first in a new generation of nuclear power stations in the UK providing low-carbon electricity for around six million homes. The £19bn project is due to start generating electricity in 2026 and is currently the largest construction project in Europe.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in securing the required resources to meet their project requirements, ensuring the maintenance of SQEP for any assigned resource and promptly identifying any personnel shortfalls or issues within their project team.
- Developing and implementing strategies and plans in line with the overall programme execution plan (PEP), setting out how the programme of work will be managed, organised and executed. The PEP sets out the “why”, “what”, “how”, “when” and “who” for the delivery of the programme.
- Maintaining effective communications with all stakeholders and executing the project or PEP strategies within their contract or package of work.
- Monitoring and managing the progress of the programme - track progress against milestones, deadlines, budget and provide key stakeholders with reports on these matters.
- Anticipating, managing and resolving issues within the contact or package. Identifying risks and facilitating the resolution of all issues raised, develop and update the programme budget, and escalate any issues to the delivery manager (programme manager or director).
- Ensuring level 3 schedules are developed and maintained for the contract or package of work. Ensuring such schedules are consistent with overall project schedules (levels 1 and level 2). Escalating any discrepancies to the project controls director.
- Reviewing contractor supplied level 3 and 16 week rolling schedules.
- Ensuring the list of deliverables (LOD) relating to the scope of work is delivered.
- Applying the principles of earned value management (EVM) and continuous improvement.
- Interfacing with other programmes to ensure a high-level view of how the total project is progressing and to identify and adopting the use of best practice.
- Ensuring that contract or package contractual requirements are fulfilled.
You have a track record of delivering projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment whilst ensuring high levels of safety, security and environmental responsibility, ideally within the nuclear energy sector or similar regulated environment.
You knowledge of CDM regulations. You have experience of managing contractors, consultants and other advisors throughout large and complex construction projects, in a regulated environment including NEC or FIDIC contracts.
You are digitally savvy and proficient in the use of estimating scheduling, programming and risk tools. You can build lasting client relationships and provide support to strong, motivated teams. You have detailed understanding of PWR design and experience in PWR operations. You have experience of managing contractors, consultants and other advisors throughout large and complex construction projects, in a regulated environment within the nuclear energy sector in a construction or consultancy background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including private medical insurance allowance and health and wellbeing commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across North America, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, India and Asia Pacific.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
- Job number: 09423
- Job field: Consultancy Project Management
- Job posted: 10/12/20
- Job close date: 17/12/20
- Job schedule: Full-time
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, founded and built on exceptional people, a commitment to service excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit.
We develop, consult, construct and operate some of the world’s most inspiring buildings and infrastructure programmes, and our people have built a reputation for delivering projects that seem impossible – challenging convention, innovating, and proudly moving our industry forward.
Today, we remain a privately owned business that has grown organically. We now employ over 6,300 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East, Africa, the Americas and Asia Pacific.
With an incredible breadth of opportunity across our global business, we attract the very best and support everyone to unleash their potential.
Our people are what makes Mace the business it is today – they are our strength. We actively encourage equality, diversity and inclusion in every market, sector and geography we work in - fully appreciating the benefits of a culture that embraces new ideas, encourages everyone to have a voice and celebrates differing beliefs and views. People at Mace are appreciated for their individualities and are encouraged to be themselves, every day and with everyone they work with.
Wherever you are on your career journey, Mace is the place to bring ambitions alive.
We will welcome your application irrespective of background, culture and disability. Should you need to discuss any reasonable adjustments or require guidance about our recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to a member of our team.
OUR COMMITMENTSWe are committed to health and safety, innovation and service excellence, being a responsible business and supporting the communities in which we work. Find out more.
If you have a question about working at Mace or would like to give any feedback on the recruitment process, you can contact our careers team. Get in touch.