Project Controls Assistant
London, United Kingdom
Project: The nature of our work is focussed around office transformation and estate rationalisation programmes for a range of clients within the public sector, including central government departments and local government authorities.
A typical appointment could be a commission in the role of programme, project or multi-disciplinary services associated with a property rationalisation and office transformation programme in response to business reorganisation/restructuring. In the current economic climate, the developed programmes assist our clients with meeting reduction targets for operating costs as well as sustainability. Other projects include the development of new civic office building and multi-use hubs or the provision of a general consultancy service for a range of improvement programmes.
Our service offer is extensive from single workstream advice to full multi-service provision. Our working boundaries are the south-east of England, although we also provide in-depth support to the regions.
To support the head of project controls and wider project controls team in managing the team, team documentation, commercial administration and team events.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining, clearing and tidying the project controls shared area.
- Managing the project folders relating to active project controls work in collaboration with project leads.
- Planning and booking project controls team meetings and social events.
- Assisting with team booking of travel, accommodation, meeting rooms and others.
- Maintaining line management and role details for team Mace systems.
- Reviewing regularly and encouraging updates from staff of CVs.
- Assisting in the production of monthly reports for Mace Corporate.
- Supporting team members upon moves to new contracts with provision of project codes and others.
- Managing the new starter process (whether contractor or permanent employee) - i.e. introductions, IT provision and others.
- Liaising with client representative to foster and sustain a good working relationship.
- Managing the timesheets, expenses and record costs accurately against individual task orders.
- Providing consistency with applications and invoicing.
- Supporting the work stream leaders in monitoring costs and reporting.
- Supporting work stream leaders in costing/resourcing and submission of new task orders.
- Being involved in HR/recruitment process, security vetting, client forms and processes.
- Maintaining key team documentation (e.g. standard presentations for clients, briefing notes and etc.).
- Managing the resource management system/pipeline.
You have an ONC/HNC qualification. You are digitally savvy especially in using MS Office software, can build lasting client relationships and provide support to strong, motivated teams. You are familiar with shared drive filing structures and have experience using SharePoint. You will have experience working in healthcare projects/programmes within a construction or consultancy background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including private medical insurance allowance and health and wellbeing commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across North America, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, India and Asia Pacific.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
- Job number: 09078
- Job field: Project Controls
- Job posted: 07/12/20
- Job close date: 18/12/20
- Job schedule: Full-time
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, founded and built on exceptional people, a commitment to service excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit.
We develop, consult, construct and operate some of the world’s most inspiring buildings and infrastructure programmes, and our people have built a reputation for delivering projects that seem impossible – challenging convention, innovating, and proudly moving our industry forward.
Today, we remain a privately owned business that has grown organically. We now employ over 6,300 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East, Africa, the Americas and Asia Pacific.
With an incredible breadth of opportunity across our global business, we attract the very best and support everyone to unleash their potential.
Our people are what makes Mace the business it is today – they are our strength. We actively encourage equality, diversity and inclusion in every market, sector and geography we work in - fully appreciating the benefits of a culture that embraces new ideas, encourages everyone to have a voice and celebrates differing beliefs and views. People at Mace are appreciated for their individualities and are encouraged to be themselves, every day and with everyone they work with.
Wherever you are on your career journey, Mace is the place to bring ambitions alive.
We will welcome your application irrespective of background, culture and disability. Should you need to discuss any reasonable adjustments or require guidance about our recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to a member of our team.
OUR COMMITMENTSWe are committed to health and safety, innovation and service excellence, being a responsible business and supporting the communities in which we work. Find out more.
If you have a question about working at Mace or would like to give any feedback on the recruitment process, you can contact our careers team. Get in touch.