Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Project: A major mixed-use development project in Saudi Arabia.
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking procurement manager to join our established and growing team in KSA.
The role will be working directly within the client’s team, reporting to the Mace project director. To work in line with the procurement strategy on this major mixed-use development project.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the procurement process for consultants, contractors, and specialist suppliers including long lists, short lists, prequalification, tendering, mid tender meetings, writing contract placement reports, contract award
- Compiling RFPs and tender documents and managing the outputs from others as required i.e. design information, scope of works, forms of contract.
- Liaising with other experts on contract forms (lawyers) and insurance requirements.
- Researching the supply chain (locally and internationally) to understand options, constraints, lead in times, current workloads, bonding capacity, experience in sector.
- Securing and procuring all key packages for contractors and consultants.
- Ensuring that the highest standards of health and safety are considered as a priority throughout all stages of the projects life cycle.
- Developing the clients brief and procurement strategy, leading the development of new and established supply chain partners.
- Developing of the procurement and project management strategy in line with the Mace Way and the client requirements.
- Working closely with the client, operators, sub consultants and contractors to ensure timely, cost effective delivery.
- Coordinating and managing multiple stakeholders and demonstrate the ability to build robust, long term relationships and integrated teams.
With a relevant degree qualification, you will take personal development seriously and be chartered or pursuing a similar level of professional qualification.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams. You must have experience of programme or project management equating quality and value with individual client and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package that includes a competitive salary, private medical insurance, 1 volunteer day a year and other location-specific allowances.
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East and North Africa, Americas, Central Asia, India, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
- Job number: 09132
- Job field: Consultancy Project Management
- Job posted: 09/12/20
- Job close date: 23/12/20
- Job schedule: Full-time
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, founded and built on exceptional people, a commitment to service excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit.
We develop, consult, construct and operate some of the world’s most inspiring buildings and infrastructure programmes, and our people have built a reputation for delivering projects that seem impossible – challenging convention, innovating, and proudly moving our industry forward.
Today, we remain a privately owned business that has grown organically. We now employ over 6,300 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East, Africa, the Americas and Asia Pacific.
With an incredible breadth of opportunity across our global business, we attract the very best and support everyone to unleash their potential.
Our people are what makes Mace the business it is today – they are our strength. We actively encourage equality, diversity and inclusion in every market, sector and geography we work in - fully appreciating the benefits of a culture that embraces new ideas, encourages everyone to have a voice and celebrates differing beliefs and views. People at Mace are appreciated for their individualities and are encouraged to be themselves, every day and with everyone they work with.
Wherever you are on your career journey, Mace is the place to bring ambitions alive.
We will welcome your application irrespective of background, culture and disability. Should you need to discuss any reasonable adjustments or require guidance about our recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to a member of our team.
OUR COMMITMENTSWe are committed to health and safety, innovation and service excellence, being a responsible business and supporting the communities in which we work. Find out more.
If you have a question about working at Mace or would like to give any feedback on the recruitment process, you can contact our careers team. Get in touch.