Health and Safety Manager
Mace is looking for an experienced health and safety manager to join a high profile data centre project in Clonee, just outside of Dublin, Ireland.
You will provide visible health and safety leadership and direction to the project and be part of the health and safety team to implement business decisions by being a provider of guidance.
This role will suit a proactive project focused individual that is adept at understanding of the needs of the team. You will have excellent communication and interpersonal/presentation skills and proven ability to present information to different audiences at project and business unit level. You will be an ambassador for H&S and the project.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as H&S advisor in own area, to keep the project abreast of new developments, and apply professional standards to ensure best practice.
- Maintaining core areas of expertise and imparting knowledge to aid the development, training and mentoring of others.
- Applying tools and techniques, defining local strategies and methods to initiate and/or implement change to improve business H&S performance.
- Providing H&S advice to Mace managers and project managers to assist them in achieving business objectives.
- Maintaining awareness of business implications of own activities to improve the quality of technical or business recommendations.
- Creating, developing and maintaining a range of internal/external relationships to maximise impact of expertise and knowledge to influence the quality of decision making.
- Advising on and interpret project contractual and statutory requirements and obligations to protect the project’s integrity.
- Establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with customers, partners and suppliers to assist the achievement of business targets.
- Overseeing HS&W management system development, implementation and audit.
- HS&W risk management.
- HS&W incident reporting and investigation.
- Providing HS&W leadership, credibility, delivering through others and building lasting relationships.
- Overseeing HS&W standards and evaluation of compliance.
- Managing HS&W emergency preparedness and response.
- HS&W performance monitoring and measurement.
- Strategic HS&W risk management.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams. You will have a construction or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace have to offer.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including private medical insurance allowance and health and wellbeing commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.
Apply now for a confidential discussion.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
- Job number: 08498
- Job field: Health, Safety & Wellbeing
- Job posted: 10/12/20
- Job close date: 23/12/20
- Job schedule: Full-time
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, founded and built on exceptional people, a commitment to service excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit.
We develop, consult, construct and operate some of the world’s most inspiring buildings and infrastructure programmes, and our people have built a reputation for delivering projects that seem impossible – challenging convention, innovating, and proudly moving our industry forward.
Today, we remain a privately owned business that has grown organically. We now employ over 6,300 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East, Africa, the Americas and Asia Pacific.
With an incredible breadth of opportunity across our global business, we attract the very best and support everyone to unleash their potential.
Our people are what makes Mace the business it is today – they are our strength. We actively encourage equality, diversity and inclusion in every market, sector and geography we work in - fully appreciating the benefits of a culture that embraces new ideas, encourages everyone to have a voice and celebrates differing beliefs and views. People at Mace are appreciated for their individualities and are encouraged to be themselves, every day and with everyone they work with.
Wherever you are on your career journey, Mace is the place to bring ambitions alive.
We will welcome your application irrespective of background, culture and disability. Should you need to discuss any reasonable adjustments or require guidance about our recruitment process, please contact email@example.com to speak to a member of our team.
OUR COMMITMENTSWe are committed to health and safety, innovation and service excellence, being a responsible business and supporting the communities in which we work. Find out more.
If you have a question about working at Mace or would like to give any feedback on the recruitment process, you can contact our careers team. Get in touch.