Head of Cost Consultancy - North America
New York City, United States
In North America, we offer a full suite of project and cost management services. We’ve grown from a small core team to a network of offices including New York, Chicago, Atlanta and Los Angeles, and we have established teams in San Francisco, Dallas, Philadelphia and Boston.
As an ambitious business in the region, we pride ourselves on promoting from within as well as offering genuine opportunities for individual development, progress and recognition.
The opportunity to join a major international organization in a growing market is not only an exciting one, but a very real prospect with Mace.
Mace North America is in search of an Operations Director of Cost. This is an opportunity to be based in New York and responsible for developing and overseeing the growth strategy of the existing cost consultancy function across the North American business unit.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Managing relationships with existing clients, as well as securing new prospective clients and industry partners. Reporting directly to the Managing Director of Mace North America you will be responsible for delivering the Cost offering to new and existing clients, expanding the cost function and upskilling the wider Mace US team on the topic of cost consultancy.
- Providing leadership and strategic direction for the Cost Consultancy function, recruiting, motivating and developing our people to support Mace’s growth across the region. Creating and fostering an open and inclusive environment, providing opportunities for staff to thrive and develop.
- You will be the face of the company in all dealings related to cost consultancy, developing realistic resource plans and budgets for stand alone cost consultancy commissions, or supporting the project management consultancy clients and teams across North America.
- Responsible for preparing a realistic and deliverable marketing / business development strategy for the North America Cost Consultancy business and working with the marketing teams in Mace to raise the profile of the North America Cost offering.
You have a track record of securing work within the cost consultancy, commercial, contract administration and dispute resolution markets. You have experience in bidding and securing multinational projects, programmes or frameworks and ability to sell the Mace Cost Consultancy brand, service offerings and capabilities.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams. You will have a cost consultancy, construction or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace have to offer.
Rewards and Recognition
With Mace you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including; healthcare, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, a robust vacation package, a 401k with company match, and a health and wellbeing commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.
Apply now for a confidential discussion.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
- Job number: 08326
- Job field: Cost Consultancy
- Job posted: 19/10/20
- Job close date: 31/01/21
- Job schedule: Full-time
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, founded and built on exceptional people, a commitment to service excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit.
We develop, consult, construct and operate some of the world’s most inspiring buildings and infrastructure programmes, and our people have built a reputation for delivering projects that seem impossible – challenging convention, innovating, and proudly moving our industry forward.
Today, we remain a privately owned business that has grown organically. We now employ over 6,300 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East, Africa, the Americas and Asia Pacific.
With an incredible breadth of opportunity across our global business, we attract the very best and support everyone to unleash their potential.
Our people are what makes Mace the business it is today – they are our strength. We actively encourage equality, diversity and inclusion in every market, sector and geography we work in - fully appreciating the benefits of a culture that embraces new ideas, encourages everyone to have a voice and celebrates differing beliefs and views. People at Mace are appreciated for their individualities and are encouraged to be themselves, every day and with everyone they work with.
Wherever you are on your career journey, Mace is the place to bring ambitions alive.
We will welcome your application irrespective of background, culture and disability. Should you need to discuss any reasonable adjustments or require guidance about our recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to a member of our team.
OUR COMMITMENTSWe are committed to health and safety, innovation and service excellence, being a responsible business and supporting the communities in which we work. Find out more.
If you have a question about working at Mace or would like to give any feedback on the recruitment process, you can contact our careers team. Get in touch.