Commecial Manager/Contract Administrator
London, United Kingdom
Project: Mace is working as the project management partner for the delivery of a waterfront project and with the main contractor for a building.
The commercial manager is responsible for ensuring that all commercial activities are conducted throughout the execution of the contract in accordance with the commercial.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Participating in the pre-contract meetings and assist in pre-tender negotiations.
- Managing the supplier/contractor commercial relationships.
- Providing commercially administration of the NEC contracts of the appointed contractors.
- Managing the accepted programme under NEC with the project manager.
- Implementing progress and cost management, preparation of contract-specific progress reports and reporting.
- Managing all commercial correspondence and contractual notices.
- Providing commercial and contractual risk advice to the wider team.
- Ensuring the timely production and administration of contractor payment applications and invoices.
- Supervising contract commercial reviews and attending progress reviews.
- Providing measurement and assessment of contractor change and producing change papers for approval by the employer.
- Administering and in the agreement of contractor claims.
- Recommending the mitigation of actions on all commercial risk/claim events at the earliest possible time thus ensuring best VFM.
- Maintaining accurate contract commercial files and cost records.
- Participating in contractor performance management and KPI’s.
You have a degree qualification in quantity surveying or commercial management and a member of the relevant institutes such as RICS or CIOB. You have a good track record of administering successful contracts. You are familiar with the NEC form of contract within major projects and programme environment.
You are digitally savvy in using Conject software, can build lasting client relationships and provide support to strong, motivated teams. You have cost or commercial management experience within a construction or consultancy background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including private medical insurance allowance and health and wellbeing commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across North America, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, India and Asia Pacific.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
- Job number: 08678
- Job field: Consultancy Commercial Management
- Job posted: 03/11/20
- Job close date: 18/01/21
- Job schedule: Full-time
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, founded and built on exceptional people, a commitment to service excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit.
We develop, consult, construct and operate some of the world’s most inspiring buildings and infrastructure programmes, and our people have built a reputation for delivering projects that seem impossible – challenging convention, innovating, and proudly moving our industry forward.
Today, we remain a privately owned business that has grown organically. We now employ over 6,300 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East, Africa, the Americas and Asia Pacific.
With an incredible breadth of opportunity across our global business, we attract the very best and support everyone to unleash their potential.
Our people are what makes Mace the business it is today – they are our strength. We actively encourage equality, diversity and inclusion in every market, sector and geography we work in - fully appreciating the benefits of a culture that embraces new ideas, encourages everyone to have a voice and celebrates differing beliefs and views. People at Mace are appreciated for their individualities and are encouraged to be themselves, every day and with everyone they work with.
Wherever you are on your career journey, Mace is the place to bring ambitions alive.
We will welcome your application irrespective of background, culture and disability. Should you need to discuss any reasonable adjustments or require guidance about our recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to a member of our team.
OUR COMMITMENTSWe are committed to health and safety, innovation and service excellence, being a responsible business and supporting the communities in which we work. Find out more.
If you have a question about working at Mace or would like to give any feedback on the recruitment process, you can contact our careers team. Get in touch.