Assistant Building Surveyor
Manchester, United Kingdom
Project: This is to support of a variety of building surveying commission in the north involving both public and private sector clients.
Our service offering tends to focus on regional and national programmes of work involving significant size and scale, working with both private and public sector clients. The offering includes:
- Programmes of survey instructions that include condition, planned preventative maintenance, dilapidations, investment due diligence and defect surveys.
- Programmes of refurbishment and maintenance project delivery/management and contract administration commissions.
- Specialist services to include party wall and bank/fund monitoring.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the preparing of feasibility studies and recommendations.
- Helping scoping, estimate and present reports.
- Helping undertake surveys, design and specification services.
- Respecting and helping in delivering services in accordance with best practice (and all legislation) in relation to asbestos, health and safety and etc.
- Helping to prepare a timely and effective post contract administration and final account agreement.
- Taking personal responsibility for some areas of service delivery.
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages.
- Working with senior surveyors, associate directors and directors to construct bids for new work.
- Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each commission is input into the sense internal database.
- Assisting with existing and new technology for data capture and reporting
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team within the consultancy across all sectors.
You have a degree qualification in building surveying or equivalent and a member of a professional institution such as RICS. You will have some technical knowledge in building surveying.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including private medical insurance allowance and health and wellbeing commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across North America, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, India and Asia Pacific.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
- Job number: 09213
- Job field: Building Surveying
- Job posted: 07/12/20
- Job close date: 29/01/21
- Job schedule: Full-time
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, founded and built on exceptional people, a commitment to service excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit.
We develop, consult, construct and operate some of the world’s most inspiring buildings and infrastructure programmes, and our people have built a reputation for delivering projects that seem impossible – challenging convention, innovating, and proudly moving our industry forward.
Today, we remain a privately owned business that has grown organically. We now employ over 6,300 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East, Africa, the Americas and Asia Pacific.
With an incredible breadth of opportunity across our global business, we attract the very best and support everyone to unleash their potential.
Our people are what makes Mace the business it is today – they are our strength. We actively encourage equality, diversity and inclusion in every market, sector and geography we work in - fully appreciating the benefits of a culture that embraces new ideas, encourages everyone to have a voice and celebrates differing beliefs and views. People at Mace are appreciated for their individualities and are encouraged to be themselves, every day and with everyone they work with.
Wherever you are on your career journey, Mace is the place to bring ambitions alive.
We will welcome your application irrespective of background, culture and disability. Should you need to discuss any reasonable adjustments or require guidance about our recruitment process, please contact email@example.com to speak to a member of our team.
OUR COMMITMENTSWe are committed to health and safety, innovation and service excellence, being a responsible business and supporting the communities in which we work. Find out more.
If you have a question about working at Mace or would like to give any feedback on the recruitment process, you can contact our careers team. Get in touch.